Unless you’re new to my blog and social media followings, you know that Solange is a major Style Star for me. She is the quintessential It Girl, and every time she does something related to fashion, I’m ecstatic.
She’s the face of Madewell’s Fall 2012 Campaign and being that the theme is “Mix Well. Madewell”, they couldn’t have chosen a better model. Solange is known for being a Mix Master (what she does with color, texture, and prints is just…no words) so of course I love everything about her shoot. She’s all big hair, bright lips, and bold prints so naturally, I want every single piece in the collection.
Here’s BTS video from the shoot:
Sometimes it’s hard to figure out what you need in order to recreate looks. Remember, it’s not so much about having the exact same pieces to achieve it (though locking them down is always fun!); determine what you like about a certain look (is it the colors? layering? cut of the dress/top?) and shop for items that are complimentary to your body type and overall personal style.
Below is a list of 8 key pieces to add to your wardrobe so that you too can be a Mix Master like Solange:
- A blousy dress (preferably in a pretty color & small print)
- Slightly distressed boyfriend jeans
- Striped Cardigan or Tee
- Chambray top
- Patterned piece: polka dots, florals, or animal
- A collard shirt in a bold color
- Statement making shoes (a sharp heel, printed flats or a bright color)
- A fun accent piece (fedora or Navajo inspired jewelry)