When it comes to beauty, I’m the type of girl that falls in-between a swipe of lip-gloss + mascara and a full on cake face. I love wearing a full face of makeup (from primer to setting spray), but I typically go for more of a glowy look as opposed to a “beat” face-I save that for nights out.
I decided to time myself to see exactly how long it takes me to apply my everyday makeup (I can seriously do it in my sleep at this point), and it takes 8 minutes. Not bad for someone that’s always in a rush, and if I need to freshen up for an after work event, I can add in a darker lip and/or a cateye. My focus has been moreso on polishing the base w/groomed brows over a ton of shadows, so that makes it super easy for me to switch it up later. To recreate:
- Prep clean, moisturized skin w/a primer. Product: Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer
- Mix in a drop of illuminating cream w/your foundation and apply w/a beauty blender or flat-top face brush (this gives you “glow from within” skin). Product: Maybelline Matte + Poreless Foundation and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonshine
- Apply concealer. (I have dark under-eye circles, so to save on time, I mix an orange + yellow concealer together. The orange cancels out the darkness, and the yellow highlights. Product: M.A.C. Studio Conceal + Correct Duo
- Apply powder under the eyes to set concealer + to minimize shine. Product: Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder
- Apply a matte bronzer to cheeks and to perimeter of face (this will bring a bit of warmth to the skin and slightly contour w/o being over the top. Product: NYX Matte Bronzer
- Apply a peachy blush to the apples of your cheek Product: Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Medium Coral
- Lightly define brows (use an ashy shade to keep them looking natural and not overdrawn). Product: IT Cosmetics Brow Power Pencil
- Curl lashes + apply mascara to top + bottom lashes (this brings definition to eyes). Product: DÉFINICILS – High Definition Mascara
- Lightly sweep a highlighter to the tops of cheeks, eyelids, and bridge of nose. Product: Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer
- Apply a berry lipcolor (polished but not plain). Product: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Prague
- Apply setting spray (this will “meld” the powders together for an even more natural look and keep it all in place). Product: NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray
How long does your everyday face take?