I’ve been feeling antsy + in a little creative rut the past few weeks (thank god for pre-planned content!), and it finally dawned on me that it was because Summer is imminent and wanderlust is starting to set in. Also, while Spring is typically when most people have a desire to start anew in certain areas, Summer has always been the starting point for me, so I’ve decided to create a To-Do list to help freshen things up and find inspiration.
I always crave new things, new food, and really, really want to start traveling more, so while I have to plan a few things with budgetary constraints + my full-time job in mind, I figured that there’s no reason I can ‘t make a simple, fun list of things to accomplish over the next few months. I still believe in spontaneity, but having a list of things to periodically refer to will help me push myself out of this rut.
My goals for Summer 2015:
- Make it down to a beach, any beach (I’m in need of a tan. Badly)
- Read at least 15 new books (I use to read ALL the time but have been slacking bc of blogging. If you have any recommendations (new + old) please comment below so that I can compile a list to share!)
- Finish decorating my home office/stylist closet.
- Plan at least two daytrips to somewhere no more than 2-3 hours away (just to get away to explore for a few hours).
- Visit at least 5 new local restaurants (to me!) A few on the list:
- Schedule a full-out pamper/spa day (nails, facials, massages, the works).
- Take the train for a long weekend down in NOLA (it’s only around $50 each way!)
- Have a local museum tour (Stax, Metal Museum, Cotton Museum, Graceland + Sun Studios. I’m a born and raised Memphian but have never had a full visit to any of these places).
- Travel to L.A., Philly, D.C., and/or Chicago (long shot but anything can happen!)
- Make time for the Orpheum Summer Movie Series (Grease, Clueless, Gone with The Wind, The Sound of Music, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show are just some of the screenings they’re having!)
- Visit Jones Orchard (totally didn’t know we had a place where you could pick your own fruit!)
These are just a few things I want to do this Summer. What are your plans?