While some will be winding down this evening, I will be kicking my heels off + celebrating the start of Bahama Breeze’s Rumtoberfest, a celebration of all things rum that starts today and runs through Nov. 6!
“Rumtoberfest at Bahama Breeze allows guests to enjoy a true Caribbean experience,” said John Wilkerson, Senior Vice President of Bahama Breeze. “And this year, we’re excited to introduce new promotions to make the celebration even more memorable.”
A few fun things going on during Rumtoberfest:
- Rumbash Fridays: Throughout Rumtoberfest, there will be games, prizes, specials, live music, fortune tellers + other activities at all 36 Bahama Breeze locations every Friday until Nov. 4.
- Ever wanted to send a friend a coconut? You can for just $5.45 shipping via Rumtoberfest.com. Imagine their face when they get it in the mail! I wonder who I should send mine to *evil grin*
- A limited-edition food + drink menu was created just for Rumtoberfest:
- Pirate’s Paradise – This cocktail gets its name from Port Royal, Jamaica’s infamous pirate city. Served in an exclusive take-home glass, this drink features lime, passion fruit, ginger, vanilla and bitters, with an upside-down 50-ml bottle of Captain Morgan.
- Rum Thyme – This drink was created in the spirit of Prohibition-era rum runners who brought ships of whiskey and rum into the U.S. from the Caribbean. It features Zaya Rum, Old Overholt Rye, orange juice, lime juice and thyme syrup.
- High Tide Swizzle – The swizzle pre-dates the cocktail and is one of the Caribbean’s original rum drinks. The word “swizzle” comes from the stick (literally a stick from a tree) that was once used to mix the cocktail and add bittering flavors.
- Rum Cocktail Flights – Can’t decide which rum cocktail to try? Choose between three options that highlight the most popular Bahama Breeze selections, including:
- Mama’s Hooch and Holler, featuring Bahamian Sunset, Bahama Mama and the Goombay Smash.
- Shark Attack Shack, featuring Yaka Hula Hickey Dula, Zombie and Painkiller cocktails.
- Float My Boat Bar, which includes the Curly Tail, Painkiller and Zombie cocktails.
- Pick Your Own Rum Flight … served with a side of Coke, or treat yourself to three world-renowned Caribbean rums, like Barbancourt 15 Year Estate Reserve, Flor de Cana 18, and Don Q Gran Anejo.
- Uber Express: This Friday, from 4-9 p.m., use Uber to visit a Bahama Breeze location and get a free appetizer. Just show your receipt to your server!
Tonight I’m having a cocktail while I watch a movie or two, but this weekend I’m going to have me some Bahama Breez yum, I mean fun. Stay tuned for my #goodeats post!
Are you celebrating Rumtobefest?
This post is written in partnership with Bahama Breeze.