Happy Valentine’s Day babez! On this special day of luuuuv, how are you spending your day? Do you have date plans with your beaux? Party plans with your bestie? Or are you rolling solo dolo? If you are, please don’t let it be because you’re in your feels about being single. I know that some people hate when Valentine’s Day rolls around when they’re not attached, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything fun.
Who cares if you’re single today-it’s far worse to be in a relationship JUST so that you can say you’re in one. Trust, you don’t want that life. Embrace your singleness and take time out to enjoy who you are. When it’s time for you to be in a relationship again, it’ll happen naturally.
In the meantime, here are a few things you can do today if you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day as a party of one:
- Go shopping at your favorite boutique (you can do it in peace without fighting for a fitting room).
- Enjoy your favorite meal-to go (that way, you don’t have to sit and watch those couples that look depressed as hell together. You KNOW you’ve seen them).
- Rom-Com movie night (I mean, this is why chick-flicks were made. How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days, Failure to Launch, Under the Tuscan Sun, Love and Other Disasters, The Holiday, The Wedding Singer, and Crazy Stupid Love are a few faves. Don’t watch The Notebook, though. You’ll just depress yourself). Don’t forget the popcorn + chocolate!
- Enjoy some champagne + a bubble bath. Break out your favorite bubbles and bath salts and enjoy a little bubbly and mood music while you treat yo’self.
- Have a sleepover (complete with dance party + mini makeovers) with your other single girlfriends. Who cares that you have work in the morning? You won’t feel alone, and it’ll remind you of your college years (minus the hangover).
- Book a spa day. Take a half day at work and go get a facial, massage, and whatever else is on the list. You’ll be glowing and relaxed to the max once you’re done.
Whatever you do, just have some fun!
How are you spending Valentine’s Day?