A few weeks ago, I shared this super easy snack on Instagram and then life got crazy and I forgot to post it here! This Easy Honey Pear + Brie Flatbread Recipe contains so many of my favorite flavors in one; it’s sweet but because of the type of flatbread I used, it has just a touch of savoriness, so it can still serve as dinner (and not dessert) if needed.
My friend Kaye posted a similar recipe to her stories first and I was like waaaait, wait I need to do this! I swapped out a few ingredients (she used apples and I switched it out for pears and added brie cheese). The beauty of this flatbread recipe is that you probably already have most of these ingredients in your fridge and pantry, and depending on the flavor palette that you want to create, you can mix things up and still create something yummy in 10 minutes.
*Note: I picked up everything on a Trader Joe’s run, but you can grab similar ingredients from any grocery store.
- Flatbread (I grabbed one that already had garlic baked into it but you can get a plain one if that’s more your jam. You can also get naan bread if you prefer as well-it’s smaller and I sometimes use those if I want to make a personal/mini pizza)
- 1 Pear (any kind), ripe, cored and thinly sliced
- Small triangle of Brie Cheese (thinly sliced)
- Honey (drizzle for taste; I used regular raw honey but if you’re feeling fancy, get a hot or mesquite flavor to punch it up).
- Handful of (washed + dried) Arugula
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (EBTB Seasoning)
- 1/2 tbsp EVOO or Butter
Pre-heat oven to 350°. While it warms, spread the butter or EVOO over your flatbread. Next, place your ingredients in an even layer from bottom to top: arugula, brie cheese, and pear slices (double layer the cheese and pear if you’re extra hungry). Drizzle with honey, then sprinkling on the EBTB Seasoning.
Place in oven (you can use an un-greased baking sheet or place it directly on the oven rack for extra crispiness) for 10-12 minutes.
Add an extra drizzle of honey, slice it up and boom! It’s literally that easy to throw together and ready to serve.
I try to keep simple ingredients like this at home at all times so that when I’m bored with eating a certain dish, I can mix it up as well. Flatbread and naan brand is a great alternative for pizza crust and can be used in so many different recipes, especially if you don’t really like to cook or only cooking for 1-2 people.