Is your Summer wardrobe really complete if you don’t have a linen dress? When you think about “Summer Wardrobe”, a linen dress is a given. Now, whether or not you choose a more traditional style (most people tend to lean towards a flowy linen maxi dress), or something a little more casual like this striped linen dress I’m wearing, just know, you HAVE to add one to your closet.
This dress is so comfy, and while I paired it with white sandals and simple accessories, it’s still a style that I can pair with a classic denim jacket and platforms once the nights start to get a little cooler. When it came time to plan what I was taking with me on our trip to Gulf Shores, I knew this had to go into my suitcase.
Speaking of packing for trips, unless you’re a blogger and plan to take additional outfit photos for content, you do NOT need to pack a ton of clothes for a long weekend getaway (especially now since we’re limited with what we can do because of COVID).
Your wardrobe needs will vary based on where you’re going and for how long, but here’s a simple checklist for what to pack on your next Summer trip:
- Travel Outfit (A simple tank dress or lounge wear set that’s suitable enough to be worn outside)
- Neutral Flat Sandals (choose a design that’s easy to slip on and off and goes with everything)
- Casual dresses, jumpsuits, or joggers (2 outfits; choose a color palette that works well together)
- Floral or pattern print kimono
- Neutral Dressier Sandal (try a strappy heel or platform sandal)
- Classic gold jewelry (earrings, bracelets, necklaces and rings; if you have a small jewelry box, pack then in there)
- A hat (a classic fedora or a straw boater hat depending on your style)
- Statement earrings (2-4 pairs; easiest way to dress up an outfit if needed)
- Small neutral bag
- Large tote bag
After you add these items in, make adjustments for how many days you will be gone. When you simplify your travelwear and pack items that mix and match well together, it makes looking stylish on your trip so much easier.